pinch of salt
1 tbsp garlic powder (careful that it isn't garlic salt)
1/4 to 1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk (slowly add more for desired consistency)
1. Peel and boil potatoes. Once fork can pierce through them, they are fully boiled.
2. Drain potatoes and prepare your seasonings.
3. Season potatoes with salt and garlic powder and add butter. Gradually pour milk while mixing to ensure you don't make them too liquid. Start with 1/2 cup of milk and add more if necessary, for desired consistency.
4. Blend with an electrical mixer until there are no more potato clumps.
5. Mashed potatoes are ready when the potatoes are smooth.