|Peanut Butter Cups|
There's nothing better than peanut butter! Combine that with chocolate, and we're talking some serious tastiness!
Below is a recipe that my daughter came up with. She made some of these peanut butter cups with dark chocolate for her sister and some with milk chocolate for the two of us. The dark chocolate shell hardened better, while the milk chocolate melted in our hands, but that didn't matter because we ate them so quickly.
We used our favourite Compliments Peanut Butter. Sobey's sells this for $5.99 for a 1 Kg jar. 1 Tbsp (15g) serving has 80 calories, 5 grams of fat, 7 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of protein. Sugar's not too bad either at 2 grams.
250 grams (8 oz) Dark Chocolate
- Break chocolate into pieces and melt in microwave.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the melted chocolate all over the interior of the muffin liner. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Leave 1/3 of the chocolate to close tops.
- Fill with peanut butter. (1 tsp for mini muffin pan, or 1 tbsp for standard muffing pan). Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Using the remaining chocolate, pour over top of peanut butter and use the pastry brush to cover entire area.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.