Thursday, April 5, 2012

Homemade Filo Stuffed with Cheese (Toula M)


Homemade Filo Stuffed with Cheese

These homemade filo triangles filled with cheese are so scrumptious that I don't know if I'll ever be able to enjoy store boughten filo again.

I'm not saying I'll never use store boughten filo.  - This is a staple in my freezer.  The homemade version was just such a special treat.  So flakey with a flavour that is out of this world.  I only wish my aunt owned a bakery - This is a must try for everyone!

Thanks for the lovely experience Aunt Toula!  Your Tiropitakia were delicious!


Ingredients:
Baste:  
1/4 lb Crisco
1/2 lb Butter
1/2 cup Canola Oil

Filling:
Feta Cheese
4 Eggs
Cottage Cheese
Ricotta Cheese (optional)

Homemade Filo dough (Defrosted)

1.  Baste:  Melt butter and Crisko.
2.  Filling:  Beat eggs and stir in ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, feta cheese.
3.  Grease baking sheet with the baste.
4.  Defrost homemade filo.  
5.  Roll out 3 stacked filos.
6.  Stretch filo out as much as possible without breaking.
7.  Cut out strips.
8.  Place spoonful of filling at end closest to you.
9.  Fold into triangles.
10.  Baste prior to baking.
11.  Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or once browned as illustrated below.

No comments:

Post a Comment