Monday, April 16, 2012

Salmon Pasta


Salmon Pasta

I made a similar dish while in Florida using a small amount of smoked salmon.  The original recipe calls for lox, which is what I used here.  This version is so much tastier!  I'm glad I was able to repost and share.  

The marriage of these flavours is incredible!  This recipe is so full of nutrition, however, I advise using a low fat cream.


Ingredients:
1 large Onion
3 Leeks
3 cloves of Garlic
1 package of Spinach
1 glass of White Wine
1 whole Lemon
1 cup Cream
Salt & Pepper 
Whole Wheat Pasta

Method:
  1. Saute onions, leek and garlic for approximately 15 minutes and then add the juice of a whole lemon.
  2. Season with salt & pepper, add a glass of white wine and then stir in the smoked salmon and baby spinach.
  3. Stir in the cooked whole wheat pasta.  (Cooked less 1 to 2 minutes on the packaging). Allow to simmer for about a minute.
  4. Add a cup of cream.
  5. Serve while still warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment