Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Dinner On A Whim




Today was such an eventful day.  It started with company for breakfast.  My sister came to visit with her daughter and grand-daughter, which is always such a treat.  We didn't get to see each over the Easter weekend, so we had a mini celebration over breakfast.  

I defrosted some Easter bread and cookies when they called to say they were coming over.  We toasted up slices of Tsoureki and topped them with peanut butter.  It went so well with our coffee.   We also dabbled into the Peach Cookies and Jam Filled Croissant Cookies.  Ten minutes out of the freezer and they were perfectly thawed and ready to eat.

While at the freezer, I decided to also pull out some grounded veal and let it defrost.  I didn't have a clue what I was going to make for dinner, but knew I'd figure it out later in the day.  

Well, 5:00 pm came a lot sooner than I could imagine and it was time to start preparing dinner.  Meatloaf came to mind.  I had a few potatoes in the cellar and some leek in the refrigerator.  Before you knew it, dinner was ready, the table was set and out came the Makedonikos wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment