Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baked Fries


The one thing that we don't do in this home is eat fast food take-out.  I have therefore come up with my own variation of burgers and fries.  While I can't say my baked fries aren't a little greasy, I can definitely say they were made with top quality Greek cold pressed extra virgin olive oil.  

I love mixing them up with sliced onions.  Sometimes I'll even add crumbled feta cheese overtop.  Always a big hit in our home!


Ingredients:
Potatoes 
Onions 
Salt & Pepper
Greek Oregano
Garlic Powder

Method:
  1. Peel and slice potatoes.
  2. Slice onions.
  3. In a bowl, add the potatoes and onions.  Season with Salt & Pepper, Greek oregano and garlic powder.  (The amount you add is to your personal preference).
  4. Drizzle olive oil overtop and mix everything together with clean hands.
  5. Transfer to a cookie sheet or baking dish and bake for 45 minutes at 350F.  
Note:  If you're looking for a crunchier top, broil for a couple of minutes at the end.  (Watch carefully so not to burn your fries.




No comments:

Post a Comment