Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Beef Stew Pasta

Beef Stew Pasta

Did you ever wonder what to do with super tough meat that is impossible to chew?  Well, I had this happen to me yesterday.

I was so excited about the marinated beef shish kabob  I had prepared and grilled, only to encounter pure disappointment due to the toughness of the meat.  My no-fail marinade was not able to tenderize the stewing beef I chose to use.  We were barely able to chew the meat ;(

I had to come up with a solution.  There was no way I was going to throw this cooked meat into the garbage.  This was quality Angus Beef free from antibiotics and hormones that we're talking about. 

I went down to the cellar and picked up a jar of Passata.  Poured it into a cooking pot and added an equal portion of water.  I took the grilled meat, peppers and onions off the skewers and added them to the sauce.  Once the sauce came to a boil, I reduced the heat and allowed the sauce to simmer for an hour.  There was no need to season, as the meat was already rich in flavour from the marinade.

Before you knew it, we were eating the most tender meat you could ever imagine.  This meat went from super tough to super tender.  We poured the stew sauce over bowtie pasta and had a wonderful meal.





4 comments:

  1. Wow I love the new look! Cute banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Allie! The banner was created by Stephanie Sterjovski and includes an illustration made by Greg Roumanis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, very nice banner!!! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I am very pleased with their talent.

    ReplyDelete