Thursday, May 10, 2012

Veal Meatballs

Veal Meatballs

I purchased Grain-Fed Veal from Loblaws and paid $11.07 for slightly over a kilo of their Butcher's Choice veal and made  meatballs from this meat as a great source of "protein on the go".  I  packed the meatballs into a glass container and now they're sitting in the refrigerator, ready to crumble into a salad or for the family to snack on while "on the go".

I've recently made the decision to get back into a strict workout routine and will also start doing the same with the nutritional part of this commitment.  I'm a little torn as to how far to take the nutrition since reading Jillian Michaels' book Master Your Metabolism and was alarmed by her statement about how so many body builders end up with diabetes.  Does speeding up your metabolism also speed up the risk of disease?  (Food for thought)!

Regardless of the whole metabolism thing, something that's been stuck in my mind after reading Jillian's book was her advising if it didn't have a mother or grow out of the ground, don't put it in your mouth.  I think I will start living by this motto and just let the workout routines and nature take its course.  It just makes sense!

INGREDIENTS:
Ground Meat
1 finely diced Onion
2 finely diced Garlic Cloves
Dried Oregano (amount to your liking)
Salt & Pepper 
Ketchup (amount to your liking)

Note:  if you add too much ketchup and texture appears too moist, add some bread crumbs.


2 comments:

  1. Yumm those meatballs look delish!
    I think it's important to try to eat more wholesome.. eat natural products that don't have fake ingredients within. These meatballs would totally be part of a healthy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you, Allie. A message I try hard to deliver!

    ReplyDelete