Friday, June 1, 2012

Baked Yams

Baked Yams
I was browsing through Argiro Barbarigou's cookbook Everyday Greek and took a liking to her baked potato recipe, however, I was out of potatoes.  Argiro's recipe inspired me to create this recipe and use what I had at hand.  

Argiro boils the potatoes for 10 minutes and then bakes them for the rest of the cooking process.  In her recipe book, the potatoes look so crunchy on the outside.  Unfortunately, this is not the case with yams.  They just get too soft with cooking.  


Nevertheless, the yams were so tasty and I'll definitely make them like this again and again. 


These yams got a lot of compliments from everyone at the table.








2 comments:

  1. Oooh, yummy! I have some yams to cook this weekend, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious! I love the garlic and onions mixed with them!

    ReplyDelete