Monday, June 18, 2012

Beet Salad

Beet Salad
Something that my mother-in-law loves to cook with is beets.  She boils them, roasts them and pickles them.  She'll add them to a soup or a salad.  She can do just about anything with a beet.

My favourite is a beet salad.  Especially in the summer.  It's so easy to make and I usually prepare this salad in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve.

The only downfall to working with beets is that they stain your hands and clothes, so I recommend wearing an apron and wearing gloves while handling this root vegetable.  I also recommend eating organic beets since they grow underground.






8 comments:

  1. What a lovely simple summer salad. It has wonderful color and has great eye appeal. I also happen to like beets and appreciate new ways to prepapre them. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother always made a pickled beet salad for our picnics. She used eggs in it and mayo. My kids HATED it. :) But my sister and I loved it. Haven't thought about it for ages. I really do love fresh beets and like the way you've pickled them and served them simply so their flavor shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fine beet salad that I will have to try! It sounds delicious! I'm new here and happy to find your great blog. I love your header and the background color!!! I'll be looking around now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Will keep an eye for beet when our summer arriving in December.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget to mention that I'm also your latest Twitter follower... Happy Twittering :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite things.. my mom makes them and they are so good.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love beets and this salad looks perfectly delicious! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete