Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Gardening Progress June 5, 2012

Peonies in the Garden

I just got back indoors after spending a beautiful day working in the garden.  The weather took a drastic turn from extremely hot in the high 30s to low teens (celsius) last Thursday night and it's been raining ever since.  We finally started seeing the sun this morning and it turned out to be a lovely day after all. ~ A great day for gardening.

With weather on our side, I was able to turn the soil around the vegetable plants and add supports to our tomatoes. 

The peonies are starting to bloom and this makes me happy since they're one of my favourite flowers.  It's a pity they don't last all summer long.  Even my dog Mia would agree!


 
 


4 comments:

  1. love your peonies, is that a little maltese you have. I have such a sweet spot for those dogs, we had ours for 16 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laureen. Yes. Mia is a Maltese. She's almost 8 and so full of love. They really are a great breed with lots of patience.

      Delete
  2. Garden is looking great! I am impressed! I started my first "gardening" this year it's harder than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There really is a lot of work required, but the fruits of our labour will pay off.

    ReplyDelete