|Oreo Cheesecake Cookies|
Every now and then, I like to take a break from making family recipes and try out notable recipes I've found through my network of foodie friends. When I saw these Oreo Cheesecake Cookies posted on On Sugar Mountain, I just knew that my daughter and I had to make them. They're eggless and made up of Oreos and cream cheese. Perfect!
In case anyone isn't familiar with On Sugar Mountain, I highly recommend you take a look at Jess' blog. Especially if you've got a sweet tooth. You will not be disappointed. She is full of awesome recipes that make me drool! In my opinion, I think she's got what it takes to open her own bakery :)INGREDIENTS:
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup oreos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffly. Then beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in flour until soft dough forms (it will be sticky and this is ok). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out tablespoonfuls of dough, form into ball and roll in Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake at 375F for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are just slightly browned and the centre is puffy.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to wire rack for cooling.