It's not everyday that I sit down and make dumplings and there's a good reason for that ... Sugar!
Nevertheless, sometimes I really need a treat and this is just what hits the spot! ... a little something my mother-in-law taught me.
INSTRUCTION on Making Dumplings:
Remove stone from oval plums (Strawberries may be used for filling)
1. In a large bowl: mash potatoes with 2 eggs. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg
2. Add flour for a soft and solid consistency.
3. Roll into small balls. Flatten.
4. Put stoneless fruit in the center and close up to form of a ball.
5. Boil above. (Approximately 10 minutes). They are ready once they rise to the top
Note: You can form remaining dough into tubes. Boil. Eat with mushroom sauce or gravy.
HOW TO EAT THE DUMPLINGS: